Personal Online Banking Security
Bath Savings has many safeguards in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. However it is important to be vigilant as internet scams are one of the fastest growing frauds today.
How Bath Savings keeps your personal information and accounts safe:
- To assure the security of your transactions, BSI’s Online Banking requires browsers capable of 128-bit encryption.
- We use a dedicated server and firewall, which acts as a barrier between the Internet and the bank.
- We provide 24-hour surveillance, real-time reporting, and automatic shutting down of your session if there is no activity for thirty minutes and encryption.
Here’s what you can do to improve online security:
- Use the latest security and anti-virus software, web browser and operating system.
- Choose strong passwords with at least 8 characters and a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Change them frequently.
- Keep your account information private.
- Watch out for phishing scams. Phishing scams use deceptive emails and websites to get users to give up private information. Never click links or open attachments or popups from unknown sources.
- Never access Bath Savings’ website from a link unless that link is provided by a web browser. You may also access the website by directly typing in the website name — www.bathsavings.bank
Important: Bath Savings will never send email messages requesting confidential information, such as account numbers, passwords, or PINs. Please report any attempt to obtain this information to us.
If you have questions or concerns about your account security, please call 1-800-447-4559 or stop by your local branch for more information.