Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. Bath Savings recommends following these simple tips to keep your information — and your money — safe.
- Safeguard your personal information, including social security number, credit, debit and bank account numbers. Shred when disposing.
- Examine your financial statements upon receipt. Report any discrepancies immediately.
- Remove mail promptly from your mailbox, and watch for missing statements. Do not put outgoing mail in your curbside mailbox.
- Protect yourself with eStatements and online banking that will allow you to review your account information anytime, anywhere.
- Obtain copies of your credit report annually from the three credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, TransUnion
- Use a firewall and antivirus protection software on all of your desktop and mobile devices.
- When transacting business online, look for a small padlock or key icon in the browser and an “s” after “http” to make sure the site is secure.
- Want to learn more? Watch the FDIC’s 20-minute identify theft video.
If you have questions or concerns about your account security, please call 1-800-447-4559 or stop by your local branch for more information.